Hello friends, and welcome to the most glorious month, aka OCTOBER! October is a month I always get excited for because it means it’s definitely fall, my favorite season, and when I’m at peak witchiness. Hopefully, that will be good motivation to actually meet my goals this month. So, without further ado, let’s recap my September goals & Good Readance tasks:
good readance wrap up
Here was what I hoped to accomplish for Good Readance at the start of the event:
- Cull my books owned shelf. !! I did this, but tbh I’m probably going to put a lot back. I like owning books.
- Remove tags by year on GR. !! I did this.
- Update my ratings. !! Did this.
- Make a professional GR account. !! I did this but…I don’t know if I’m actually going to use it or keep it. I might want to keep a written record of books I read for work/professional development.
- Delete my eARCs shelves on GR. !! Did this, but honestly, I think it was helpful to have even though I didn’t always update it.
- Create a catalog/database of eARCs. X! Started doing this on Notion. I have done my eARCs for 2020.
- Delete all eARCs from before 2019. ?? I can’t remember if I did this. I did a few books, but can’t remember why or from what year.
- Delete titles I don’t remember the author, title, or plot. X! Kind of started doing this.
- Read 4-5 September releases. !! YES I killed this goal.
- Drink less Diet Coke. !X um…I had less than normal during the weeks I worked so…does that count?
- Try to reconnect with witchcraft. !! I did try to do this, but I think I’m still feeling disconnected because my tarot readings are all over the place.
- Celebrate Mabon. !! I did this! I cleansed my tarot deck and tried to start redoing my digital grimoire on Notion.
- Make time to do one relaxing thing per day. I took a webinar on Covid-related stress and anxiety, and one thing that the presenters suggested was taking time out of every day to schedule in something that you know calms you. I plan to make a list of things that relax me and make some kind of tracker to make sure I stick to this goal.
- Read more picture books and MG. I want to do this both for my current job and to further my future career in publishing. I have been reading a lot more of those genres this year, but during lockdown that project fell to the wayside so I need to pick it back up again.
- Read 3-4 October releases. I’m going to be posting my October TBR, which will include books actually being released this month, so I hope to read 3-4+ of these books because I felt super proud of myself last month for actually reading new releases on time.
- Read Mexican Gothic!!! Lol @ me for making reading this book its own goal. I keep meaning to read it AND I got it as an add-on book with Book of the Month last month, so I really need to read it.
- Celebrate Samhain. AKA the best witch holiday. This Samhain, I’m hoping I’ll actually be off to celebrate, which means a WHOLE DAY of witchy things are ahead!!
- Participate in Dewey’s 24-hr readathon! I tried to participate in the summer reverseathon but only got a couple hours in. To be honest, I prefer the normal readathons in October and April and am very pumped. They’re also doing pre-readathon challenges this year that I hope to participate in, so expect a TBR post for those and the readathon soon!