The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news about the past week, reading recaps, hauls, and more.
- I went home!! My mom and I have been planning for months to surprise my dad for his birthday which was last week with a visit from me, and I finally got to go home! I was really happy to get a vacation and also see my dad’s reaction because he was so shocked. I did a good job of keeping a secret all these months and it really paid off. I was glad I got to do something nice for my dad and also honestly it made me feel a lot better to come home and see that people were excited to see me.
- I celebrated my birthday yesterday. I am now 26 wooo so elderly. I’ve been depressed about my birthday for the past couple of weeks because I thought I’d just be sad because I’m not really friends with most of the people I celebrated with last year, but going home was a major pick me up for my mental health state and I ended up enjoying myself and not thinking about it nearly as much as I anticipated.
- Taylor Swift’s new album came out!!!!!! I have been equally excited about LOVER coming out as I have been about going home, plus it came out the day before my birthday so I felt like it was just for me even though I know that’s a little silly. I am a HUGE Tay Swift fan and I was not disappointed. Side note: I am sorry, but she did not write “Lover” about a man. Especially after the bi flag hair in “You Need to Calm Down.” Just…girl ain’t straight.
last week on the blog
next week on the blog
- honestly I have no clue what to post
- this is subject to change
- but also I have no blog post ideas
- can I just do all my monthly wrap-up and goals posts a couple days early??
This is another instance of “books DNF’ed” for the week because I’m apparently on a DNF kick. I did enjoy this one a bit, but honestly I just wasn’t feeling the anticipated romance because I just am not interested in white hetero romances anymore?? Is that fair?? I feel like it’s fair. It was funny and gave me Buffy vibes, but the pacing was a bit off, like both too slow and too fast, and I really did not need a detailed description of whatever outfit Esme and Janis wore every day. I might come back to this one but honestly I was just too disappointed that Esme and Cassandra weren’t in love to keep reading.
I’m giving two books a try. I’m not sure if I’m in the mood to continue NINTH HOUSE; it feels more like a fall book to me and I’m not really in the mood for something long. I’m also giving WICKED SAINTS another try even though I hated it? Don’t ask me why because I don’t know.
- The Starless Sea – Erin Morgenstern