Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature now hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.
I didn’t think I’d be doing TTT again on this blog because for some reason I always used to feel a weird pressure about it, but I just can’t resist the TTT seasonal TBR posts, so here we are, and here are my most anticipated books of spring, minus a few that I’ve already written about on the blog. Special shout-out to I Have Lost My Way, Undead Girl Gang, and The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik because I’m psyched for them but wrote about them already.
1. Here So Far Away – Hadley Dyer – Admittedly, I wasn’t excited about this book until recently, but for some reason, I have decided I really want to read it. It’s about a teen girl who falls for a much older guy. I’m really curious as to how that is handled, and hope I won’t be super creeped out and uncomfortable while reading.
2. The Wicked Deep – Shea Earnshaw – I am all for witchy books, so obviously this book is going on the list. I also love weird small town books, and this book definitely fits that bill, too. Curses and mysteries will certainly run wild in this book, and I am very excited to finally dig into it.
3. The Summer of Jordi Perez – Amy Spalding – I haven’t read any of her other books, but the moment this book deal was announced on PW, I knew I had to have it and that it will be a favorite of the year (don’t let me down now, book!). It features a fat MC who is also gay and into fashion; what could possibly top that??
4. 9 Days and 9 Nights – Katie Cotugno – 99 Days was one of my favorite books the year it came out, and I was beyond thrilled to learn it was going to have a sequel, even though I don’t do sequels or series. I really hope this book lives up to my super high expectations!
5. From Twinkle, With Love – Sandhya Menon – I know I said I wasn’t going to do any repeats on this list, but I just HAVE to include Twinkle because Sandhya Menon is a goddess and this book just sounds So. Good. Yay filmmaker romances!!!
6. Legendary – Stephanie Garber – I adored Caraval much more than I thought I would after being swept up by the hype last year. It was so magical and romantic with such sumptuous and beautiful writing that it was impossible for it not to become an instant favorite. I’m a little nervous about reading this book because I don’t remember what happened at the end of the first one (ugh, series amnesia), but maybe that calls for a Caraval reread?? I loved Scarlet but Tella was a really interesting character, so I am excited and eager to read a book from Tella’s perspective.
7. The Way You Make Me Feel – Maureen Goo – I LOVED I Believe In A Thing Called Love last year, and can’t wait to buy this one and put it on my shelves after a quick devouring. This one is about a prankster who gets into trouble when a joke goes to far and is forced to work on her father’s food truck. Any book with the words “food truck” in the synopsis will immediately go on my TBR list, and after her second book, I really don’t think I can miss another Goo book.
8. Love & Other Carnivorous Plants – Florence Gonsalves – I’ve been anticipating this one since the book deal was announced as well. It’s technically New Adult, which is exciting, since there aren’t a ton of YA books set in college. I don’t honestly remember what this one was about, but I remember it struck me as super edgy and unique, plus queer!! Give me all the queer books, please!
9. All of This is True – Lygia Day Penaflor – This book is about a group of teens who befriends their favorite YA author, only to find all their secrets laid out in her next book. It’s also told unconventionally, and I love a book with a unique format. Hopefully it translates well as an eARC.
10. apparently I only picked 9 books for this list, and it’s early and I’m too tired to find another one, even though I’m sure there are more. However, another book from March I’m interested in is Chaotic Good, about a girl who is into cosplay but goes undercover as a guy to try to get into the nerd community, but falls for someone. Nerdiness and romance? Oui, please!!