I actually ended up reading quite a lot in March and was very happy about it. I hope to read 4-5 books this month since I have a few longer rereads on my TBR list, as well as catch up on some releases from earlier in the year and read some April releases. Here are some of the books I hope to read this month:
- A Court of Mist and Fury / Sarah J. Maas // I tried to finally read ACOWAR last month, but was so lost within just the first few pages that I realized I would have to reread the last book in order to situate myself in the story and understand what was happening now. I’m a little annoyed with my series amnesia because ACOMAF is 600+ pages, but at least the book is excellent so it won’t be a hard reread.
- A Torch Against the Night / Sabaa Tahir // This is only a “maybe” reread since I think I pretty much remember what happened, but am unsure if I fully understood what went on with the bracelet and Keenan. I don’t necessarily have to reread this one this month either, since A Reaper at the Gates isn’t coming until June (maybe this month, if my request for an ARC goes through, but even then I could put it off until next month).
Releases from Previous Months
- The Cruel Prince / Holly Black // I was so excited to trade for an ARC of this one and then never read it?? I LOVE when Holly Black does fae because she does them so well and so right, and this book sounds all kinds of dark and twisty and perfect. Can’t wait to dig into TCP.
- Here So Far Away / Hadley Dyer // I’m interested to see how this one plays the teen girl falling for an older man story because it could get problematic really easily, but I’m also in the mood for a grittier romance even though I haven’t really been interested in contemporaries as much this year.
- When My Heart Joins the Thousand / A. J. Steiger // This is another gritty contemp that I wasn’t interested in when I first heard about, but developed an interest after it came out. I read a little of it at B&N one day and thought it seemed like the type of contemp I would be into.
- I Have Lost My Way / Gayle Forman // I am so ashamed that I haven’t read this yet because I LOVE Gayle Forman. I think I’m nervous about reading IHLMW because I didn’t like I Was Here as much as I hoped to, but hopefully this will live up to my very high expectations when I finally buckle down and read it.
- Dread Nation / Justina Ireland // This one wasn’t super high on my TBR list at first because I was worried I wouldn’t like Justina’s books as much as I like her as a “figure” in the YA world, but as I’ve read more about it, I got more interested in it. Plus, it takes place in my city of Baltimore.
- The Summer of Jordi Perez / Amy Spalding // I haven’t read Amy Spalding’s other books, but I will for sure be reading this one because FAT LGBT REP!! Queer girls who love fashion! Burgers! LA! YES YES!!
- Leah on the Offbeat / Becky Albertalli // Another fat queer girl?? Is this real life? Plus by Becky Albertalli AKA Queen? Plus Leah is a girl drummer I think and my first girl crush was on a girl drummer?! This book just makes me happy and I haven’t even read it yet.
What are you reading this month? Which books have you missed from earlier in the year that you need to catch up on?