I’ve had another influx of bookish acquisitions from publishers, NetGalley, and Edelweiss, and I want to share the books I’m most excited about reading today on the blog.
- A Blade So Black | L. L. McKinney // This is apparently an Alice in Wonderland retelling, and have I ever mentioned how much I LOVEADOREWILLDIEFOR Alice retellings??? This one sounds extra dark and twisted, plus it’s diverse, plus that cover is badass, and how can this book go wrong? I seriously cannot wait to dive into this one!!!
- Rule | Ellen Goodlett // I hadn’t heard of this one before it popped up on Edelweiss the other day, but now that I have, it is at the top of my TBR list. The comp titles are PLL and Three Dark Crowns, which I haven’t read, but I love anything comped to PLL and it’s PLL but fantasy?! Best combo?? I think yes. Honestly, I didn’t absorb basically anything else in the synopsis on Edelweiss after I saw the comp titles but boy oh boy I am excited for this one!!
- Sadie | Courtney Summers // I didn’t love All the Rage as much as I thought I would, but I am willing to give Courtney Summers another chance. This book is about a girl whose sister is murdered, and a radio personality who starts a podcast to document Sadie’s journey to find her sister’s killer after a failed police investigation. I can always go for a murder mystery, and this one strikes me as unique, so I’m definitely adding it to the TBR list.
- Jack of Hearts (and other parts) | L. C. Rosen // I actually accidentally ended up with two copies of this ARC because I traded for it before my request to LBYR went through…oops. I am so ridiculously excited for this one because it’s about a gay kid who has lots of sex and starts an advice column, then gets blackmailed, and he and his friends have to figure out who the stalker is before it gets *dangerous.* So it has a couple similar plot points to Love, Simon with the blackmailing but DARK and SEX.
- Darius the Great is Not Okay | Adib Khorram // I’ve been excited about this one since the deal was announced. Do I remember the actual plot? Erm…no, but I do remember it’s about an Iranian American boy and my boyfriend is Persian so I’m very interested in reading it after I let him borrow it. Also apparently it got like a seven figure deal so I want to see what all the fuss is about.
- Girls of Paper and Fire | Natasha Ngan // This one has a plot that kind of reminds me of The Belles for some reason. I didn’t really hear about this one until it was announced as a BEA buzz book, but now I have been swept up by the pretty cover and the hype.
- Seafire | Natalie C. Parker // So I just noticed this fantasy is marked as LGBT on Goodreads and that makes me want to read it even more?!?!? I wasn’t excited about this book at first but then it was comped as a feminist Mad Max, plus I’ve been really into sea fantasies this year (hi Sea Witch and To Kill a Kingdom!). That tagline is also dope and makes me really excited for this book. I also really liked Parker’s debut, Beware the Wild, so I hope this book lives up to and exceeds that one!!