Today’s the day! It’s Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-A-Thon, in which readers from all over the world start reading in 15 minutes (probably less once I finish this post) and read from 8am today to 8am tomorrow (or whatever their scheduled time is!!) I’ll be posting throughout the day about the read-a-thon, and here are the questions for the opening meme! Happy reading 😀
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Baltimore, Maryland, USA!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
My stack is really short because I’m probably not going to get much reading done since I’ll be at work most of the day and I have to finish ACOMAF, but definitely continuing my ACOMAF reread.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Tea when I get home. I also have some Ben & Jerry’s Half-Baked in my fridge. I didn’t actually stock up on snacks too much so I might do that when I get home from work/dinner with friends.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
This blog is only about a month old, but I’ve actually been blogging for 6ish years! I’m also a YA librarian in a big urban library. It’s my first full-time library job!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Sadly, the thing I’ll be doing most differently is trying to fit in reading while at work. Fortunately, since I have everything at work done, I’m actually allowed to read on desk. I might also try to stay up all night since I’ve never done that before! I’ve never made it through the whole 24 hours. Doing so will probably require more snacks though.