I don’t know what it is about May, but every year, all the most exciting YA books come out in May and my wallet gets sad and empty but my shelves get happy and overflowing because EVERYTHING COMES OUT IN MAY WHYYYYYY. Fortunately, I have ARCs and eARCs of a lot of the stuff I want to read for this May, so I am very happy about that because I am POOR currently.
However, my TBR is pretty much bottomless this month and there are so many (too many!) books I want to read and I’m definitely not getting to all of them and that makes me sad because I want and NEED to keep up with all the new releases. But anyway, here are the books I’m hoping to read this month:
- All of This is True | Lygia Day Penaflor – A bunch of teens meet their favorite YA author only to find that her next book is about all of their secrets–yay mystery and also unique formatting which I live for!!
- 9 Days & 9 Nights | Katie Cotugno – Perfect sequel (hopefully) to 99 Days which slayed me perfectly.
- Ship It + Britta Lundin – Queerness and fandom? Yes please!!
- Legendary | Stephanie Garber – Caraval sequel NEED I SAY MORE? I think not. But since I have terrible series amnesia especially when a sequel was not originally planned, I also must reread Caraval.
- Speaking of rereads, A TORCH AGAINST THE NIGHT | Sabaa Tahir – I probably don’t *really* need to reread this but I’m not sure if I 100% understood what happened at the end so I want to check and make sure I’m 150% prepared for A Reaper At the Gates (jk I know I’ll never be prepared for that book someone help me)
- My So-Called Bollywood Life | Nisha Sharma – Bollywood romance yes please! Diverse romcoms are quickly becoming my jam and I need to read all of them!
- The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik | David Arnold – To be honest, I’m probably least excited by this one, though I was excited when I requested an ARC of it a while back. It sounds pretty weird and mind-bendy, which I like, but I’m not sure I’m in the mood for it yet.
- The Way You Make Me Feel | Maurene Goo – I LOVED I Believe in a Thing Called Love, so obviously I need this book, plus FOOD TRUCKS. This book = MUST READ!!
- The Brightsiders | Jen Wilde – This book is about a washed up bisexual rockstar and HER HAIR IS THE BISEXUAL PRIDE FLAG COLORS OMGGGG. It’s already screaming perfection from just looking at it, so of course this one is super anticipated.