I don’t know why I do a monthly TBR list either, since I don’t follow a schedule with my reading (though honestly it would probably help me). Whatever; they’re fun posts to write, so screw it.
Here are the books I want to read this month:
- A Blade So Black | L. L. McKinney – Basically, Alice in Wonderland retellings with a black protagonist. I LOVE Alice retellings, and a diverse one makes it even better!
- Not Even Bones | Rebecca Scaeffer – This is a dark book about cutting up monsters and selling their parts. Every review I have read so far has basically said it’s delightfully disturbing, which I am so here for.
- To Make Monsters Out of Girls | Amanda Lovelace – I loved Amanda’s first poetry collection, so I am very eager to read more from her even though I wasn’t hugely into THE WITCH DOESN’T BURN IN THIS ONE.
- Summer Bird Blue | Akemi Dawn Bowman – I admittedly have not read this author’s first book, but every blogger I follow seems to have loved it, so that is promising. This book is about a girl who wants to write music forever with her sister, but then her sister dies. She ends up going to Hawaii, and musical and surfing things ensue.
- Rule | Ellen Goodlett – This book was pitched as THREE DARK CROWNS and PRETTY LITTLE LIARS, so of course I have to read it, because I read anything comped to PLL. Fantasy PLL, here I come!
- Wildcard | Marie Lu – This should’ve been the first book on the list because MORE WARCROSS! MORE EMIKA! MORE HIDEO! MORE WARCROSS!! That is all that needs to be said, really.
- Give the Dark My Love | Beth Revis – This book is a fantasy with PLAGUES and I love plagues (sorry, that came out wrong, but oh well, I’m a sadist, who cares) so i am excite. Plus, it’ll be my first Beth Revis book!
- Strange Grace | Tessa Gratton – This sounds horror-y, which might not actually work for me now that I don’t really do anything horror, but I was still grabbed by the synopsis, so we will see how I fare with this book.
Are you planning to read any of these books this month? Which September releases are you most excited for?