Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is to share your fall TBR list!
- Sawkill Girls | Claire Legrand | October 2 – This is a YA horror novel, so woohoo for that. I have not read horror in a while. The author said on her twitter account once that it has girls kissing, angry girls, and creepiness, so I am here for it.
- What If It’s Us | Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera | October 9 – I am apprehensive about this book because it’s by two authors who everyone else loves known for queer books, but I have only liked one book each by them. However, since it is queer I feel obligated to read it. It’s about two boys who meet cute and their subsequent relationship.
- Rule | Ellen Goodlett | September 11 – RULE was pitched as Pretty Little Liars meets THREE DARK CROWNS, and I will read anything comped to PLL. Basically, the king is dying and he brings his three illegitimate daughters to court, but someone knows all their secrets and is trying to blackmail them to keep them from becoming queens.
4. Jack of Hearts | L. C. Rosen | October 30 – This book is about a sexually active gay teen who writes a sex advice column, but then someone tries to blackmail him back in the closet and he has to figure out who’s been stalking him. So basically a dark Simon. Very excited for this one!
5. The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy | Mackenzi Lee | October 2 – The sequel to GENTLEMAN’S GUIDE!!!!!! Need I say more? No, not really. GG sequel about Felicity, the sister, with ace rep!
6. A Very Large Expanse of Sea | Tahereh Mafi | October 16 – Tahereh Mafi’s first contemporary novel! That is basically all anyone needs to know about it.
7. Summer Bird Blue | Akemi Dawn Bowman | September 11 – I didn’t read this author’s first book, but everyone seemed to really like it so I’m feeling optimistic about this one. SBB is about a girl who wants to make music forever with her sister, but then her sister dies, she goes to Hawaii, and it sounds like the kind of sad contemp I used to love. We’ll see if I can love it now.
8. When We Caught Fire | Anna Godbersen | October 2 – I honestly don’t really know what this book is about other than that it’s historical fic, but I’m just excited she has a new book that’s not a series. I loved her LUXE series and have been debating rereading it, so hopefully this one lives up to my expectations.
9. Pulp| Robin Talley | November 13 – I really liked this author’s last book, AS I DESCENDED (lesbian Macbeth retelling), so I have high hopes for this one as well. It’s a dual narrative that shifts between a story about a girl in love with her best friend in the days of Macarthyism and a girl in the present who is doing her senior project on 1950s lesbian pulp fiction. It sounds very cool and gay.
10. A Blade So Black | L. L. McKinney | September 25 – Black Alice in Wonderland retelling yes yes yes I love Alice retellings so much, plus it’s diverse so = !!!!!!