It’s that time for another goals post! I think my first goal should be to actually work on my goals throughout the month. I make these goals and then forget about them until I do these posts again, then reread them and think oh hey, those were really good goals and I should’ve worked harder to follow them.
- Read 6 books. !! I did this. And most of them were good!
- Experiment more with journaling. !! I did this. I started a couple journals for other personal things, so I’m counting that.
- Clean apartment once a week. XX I did not do this. I might have this be a goal again next month
- Walk 8,000-10,000 steps at least 4x per week. XX I did not do this. This goal seems insurmountable.
- Only have sugar 2x per week. XX I started doing this and then failed halfway through the month because SUGAR COOKIES WITH LOTS OF BUTTER. I just couldn’t resist. BUT I MUST.
- Experiment more with cooking. !! I did this. I found a couple new recipes that I like. They’re really easy and not too exciting, but they are good and bringable for lunches at work.
- Make a goals page in my bullet journal and keep track of my goals. See above.
- Read only when I feel like it. Since I’ve been feeling so slumpy, I don’t want to set a goal to read a certain number of books and then feel badly if I don’t meet it because I’m not in the mood to read. So, I’m going to only read when I feel like it.
- Have one night of alone time per week. I really enjoyed participating in Dewey’s Readathon last month, and one of the reasons was because I unconsciously spent it alone. My boyfriend was still in the apartment obviously, but he was in another room for most of it because he had school work to do and papers to grade and I was watching TV whilst reading. I really liked my alone time and ended up feeling actually rested before going back to work after the weekend.
- Come up with a morning and evening routine (or try a few of them). I do…not great without routines, and I think that’s one of the reasons I’ve been so bored lately. I feel better with structure in my life, so I’m going to try to add some.
- Participate in NaNoWriMo. This is a very tentative goal because I don’t think I’d be able to do actual NaNo and write a full 50,000 words because I haven’t written in over a year. But I want to use the event to encourage myself to explore some of my creative ideas that I have for novels.
- Clean apartment once a week. And keep track. In my bullet journal. With my other goals.