Hi there! This will *probably* be the last post where I point out that I’m excited to be back to blogging, but maybe I’ll just say it until I get it out of my system. As it is, hi, hello, I’m excited to be back! For today’s post, I wanted to share some of the stuff I did while I was on my hiatus since you are all definitely lacking in Mel life and bookish and otherwise updates.
Here’s what I did while I wasn’t blogging:
- Began getting more into tarot. Tarot was one of the first witchy things I dabbled in when I started because it doesn’t have a million ingredients or supplies, and recently, I’ve gotten very into using my tarot decks. I like doing my bookish tarot posts, and think I want to do more posts about tarot in general. My Kawaii Tarot Deck is SUPER accurate; even my therapist said the cards I pulled recently gave her the shivers because they were so on point.
- Started using crystals more. I think I am definitely a tarot/crystal witch more than anything else. I bought crystals a couple months ago and recently started bringing them to work. I bring the amethyst crystals to work almost every day because they’re supposed to be protective, and let me tell you, THEY WORK!!! We had a new weird guy in the library and there was a lot of drama with him but he hasn’t come to my desk or sought me out at all since starting to use the crystals, so WOO.
- Deal with uncomfortable stuff in my IRL friendships. Maybe I shouldn’t actually post this. But I’ve written a little about having some issues with some of my friends, and everything came to a head while I was gone. I think I just let my anxiety get the best of me, and I guess one good thing that came out of it was that I realized that my fears and insecurities were not at all based in reality. But now I have to deal with the fallout of some crappy things I said and did and actually talk to my friends seriously about my failings as a friend, which is necessary for us to move forward but definitely not fun. I know my anxiety has not made me the best person to be around for a long time.
- Visited home. I’ll probably write more about this in my monthly wrap-up, but I finally got to go HOME. I haven’t been home in almost a full year, though I have seen my parents. It was a really nice visit, especially after the friend catastrophe, and I got to see my parents and also my home kitties, both of whom definitely recognized and remembered me.
- Read. I didn’t read as much as I hoped I would, but I did get to some good stuff, including my reread of the first two books in the Caraval series. I may have also read THE BRIDE TEST while I was on hiatus? I don’t remember when I went on hiatus. Lol.
- Watched a lot of Top Chef. I am so addicted to Top Chef now, which is funny, because I used to not like it as well as Masterchef. Now, I only have two seasons where I don’t know who wins (watching out of order has spoiled some of the seasons for me), and I don’t know what to watch when I’m done with it. I need more Masterchef or something until season 17 of Top Chef. I am currently watching season 3.
- Reflected on my blogging habits. While I was away, it started to occur to me that one of the reasons I felt burnt out was because I post EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. except occasional Fridays and Saturdays. And that might just not be sustainable or necessary for me anymore. Most bloggers I know don’t post that much, and I’m starting to realize I probably don’t need to either. I also worried about stats…not at all. Which I was SHOCKED by because when I blog I worry about them CONSTANTLY and was really stressed about my stats going down while I was away, which of course they did, but now that I am back I would like to try to keep that same chillness about stats.
Okay, I did some other things probably but I should most likely stop now because THAT’S A LOT OF THINGS. But I am very happy to be back in the blogging swing of things and look forward to writing more and also reading all of your posts that I missed! Thank you for bearing with me while I was on hiatus, and I’m happy to be back 🙂