So instead of doing no monthly TBR like I thought for a second I might do, I am now somehow doing a two-part TBR list for this month because THERE ARE SO MANY BOOKS I WANT TO READ HELP ME!!! This part 1 is featuring books that are being released this month.
- With the Fire on High | Elizabeth Acevedo – Considering how much I loved THE POET X, this book couldn’t NOT be on my TBR list this month. This might be the book I’m most excited for this month, outside of LET ME HEAR A RHYME (but we’ll get to that one later). WITH THE FIRE ON HIGH is about a teen mom and her passion for cooking, and with food involved, this is definitely going to be an extra amazing book.
- Hope and Other Punch Lines | Julie Buxbaum – I really liked Julie Buxbaum’s first adorable book, TELL ME THREE THINGS, and have been meaning to read more by her. In this novel, a girl is famous for having had her picture taken in front of the World Trade Center on September 11th, and tries to escape her fame at a summer counseling job where a boy whose life was changed that day is also trying to escape. I am expecting lots of feels and ROMANCE.
- Nocturna | Maya Motayne – You had me at “Latinx inspired fantasy.” That is all I need to know about this one. Plus that FANTASTIC cover. I think a lot of my kids will be really interested in this one.
- Again, but Better | Christine Riccio – I don’t know anything about the author even though apparently she’s this super famous booktuber, but the book itself sounds good. I will go for any book set in a foreign country, and since this one is set in England, that makes me super excited. I’m also really interested in reading more NA and this one is set in college.
- Finale | Stephanie Garber – Embarrassingly almost forgot to include this one even though I have preordered two different editions…anyway. I wasn’t liking this one at first at all, but now I think the two stories might be coming together a little more and it’s getting a bit better. So hopefully I’ll end up loving it.
- The Lost Coast | Amy Rose Capetta – Two words: QUEER. WITCHES. This is the most on brand Mel book to ever exist, and I am so embarrassed I still haven’t read my eARC of it yet.
- We Hunt the Flame | Hafsah Faizal – Basically if it’s diverse and it’s fantasy, it’s going to be on my TBR. Plus, this book was written by one of my favorite bloggers of all time, IceyBooks! I’m so excited that Hafsah now has a book published by a major publisher, and I hope it lives up to my very high expectations and all the buzz its gotten.
- There’s Something About Sweetie | Sandhya Menon – Okay, so I HATED Sandhya Menon’s last book, but I NEED this companion to Dimple. This book features a fat Desi girl, and I am so here for that and I really hope this book is as good as WHEN DIMPLE MET RISHI.
- Happy Messy Scary Love | Leah Konen – I haven’t heard too much about this one (read: anything about it), but it sounds so cute and good for my romantic fluffy heart. This book is about a horror movie buff who plans to spend the summer DMing her online friend, but makes a mistake and chooses to send him a picture of her gorgeous best friend when he asks for more information about her.
may 21 & 28
- Girl Gone Viral | Arvin Ahmadi – I actually started this one a while ago and liked it but never finished it. But I do plan to get back to it. Techy mystery for the WIN.
- Let Me Hear a Rhyme | Tiffany D. Jackson – I just realized I don’t actually know what this book is about. I just know it’s by Tiffany Jackson, who wrote the amazing books MONDAY’S NOT COMING and ALLEGEDLY, and that’s really all I need to know to put it on my TBR.
- Symptoms of a Heartbreak | Sona Charaipotra – This book is about a med student who falls for her teen patient. Promises many feels and heartbreak.
- Going Off Script | Jen Wilde – I swear I used to know what this one was about, but now all that’s in my head is THE BRIGHTSIDERS AUTHOR HAS ANOTHER BOOK EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! *cue lots of excited screeching* I loved THE BRIGHTSIDERS so much and am dying to read this book.
- These Witches Don’t Burn | Isabel Sterling – MORE WITCHES plus mystery vibes? Yes, PLEASE. I need this book deep in my soul.