The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news about the past week, reading recaps, hauls, and more.
- I almost wrote 7-14-20 on this post. Why did I do that? The world may never know. It is not 2020, unfortunately.
- Okay in BIGGER and actual news:
- I GOT A NEW JOB!!!! Kind of–I’m still at my same library system but I’m being transferred to a new branch as a children’s librarian, which has been what I’ve been wanting to do since about December. I am very excited and also a bit nervous, and a bit sad to be leaving my coworkers at my current branch, especially the other YA librarian who I work with and am good friends with, but overall I’m very excited to start this new chapter of my career. I think in general it will be a good, positive change for me, even though I’m worried about some things.
- I actually posted on Instagram. I wasn’t digging the black and white theme so I went back to a simple, more candid color theme but wasn’t digging that one either because it looked to greenish-blue and wintery, so now I’m trying a bright, colorful theme for the next week, after which point I’ll probably change it again because I’m an indecisive noodle.
last week on the blog
- It’s In the Stars: Mercury in Retrograde
- The Mid-Year Book Freak-Out Tag
- WWW Wednesday
- Book Recs for a Sea Witch
next week on the blog
*subject to change
- 7 Witchy Things to Do with a Notebook
- It’s in the Stars: Buck Moon
- Daisy Jones and the Six – Taylor Jenkins Reid (adult fiction, purchased)
- The Wedding Date – Jasmine Guillory (romance, purchased)
- Please Don’t Go Before I Get Better – Madisen Kuhn (poetry, purchased)
- Teeth in the Mist – Dawn Kurtagich (horror YA, purchased)
- The Babysitter’s Coven – Kate Williams (paranormal YA, publisher)
- The Gravity of Us by Phil Stamper
- Selected Unpublished Blog Posts of a Mexican Panda Express Employee by Megan Boyle
I actually finished two books this week! Yay!! It took me SO long to read THE GRAVITY OF US even though I loved it and I’m honestly still confused about that. It took me less than three hours to read Megan Boyle’s “poetry” collection, SELECTED UNPUBLISHED BLOG POSTS OF A MEXICAN PANDA EXPRESS EMPLOYEE. It was the weirdest…literature I’ve read in a while, since it’s just posts from a liveblog she used to have that was supposed to help her toward self improvement but instead led to obsession and apparently a very public breakdown instead. She seems somewhat fine now. The posts were really good and made me immediately want to start my own poetry liveblog.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
I decided to try THE RAVEN BOYS…again. I have started this book 3 times and liked it all 3 times but…never finished it. I don’t know why. I am determined this time to finish it because it is rather excellent and I want to read the rest of the series and I already ship Gansey and Blue. Also still reading DAISY JONES because I haven’t read it at all since last weekend when I first bought it.