I stopped doing monthly TBR posts a while ago because I literally never followed them. I would always just put a bunch of new releases for the month that I wasn’t sure if I was really in the mood for or not and then never read any of them. So I’m doing a TBR post again with a mix of new releases I want to read and stuff I’m just in the mood for, and I guess we’ll see how it goes.
books listed on my goals post
- Spin the Dawn | Elizabeth Lim – I’ve been wanting to read this book, which was comped to Mulan x Project Runway, since the deal was announced, and definitely since I got my eARC of it forever ago that is still sitting on my Kindle…unread. I’ve heard so many amazing things about this book, plus I’m super behind on YARC, so this is one I NEED to read.
- Wicked Fox | Kat Cho – This is one I wasn’t sure if I would read because I didn’t get an eARC or physical ARC, but I bit the bullet and decided to buy it because I read inside it and it just looked too good to miss. I want to make sure I read my eBook of this ASAP because I always forget I have a book when I buy it for Kindle.
- Wilder Girls | Rory Power – I’m so embarrassed that I haven’t read this book yet. I’ve had an ARC for forever and I have been dying to read it…though maybe not since I haven’t managed to read it yet? It’s HORROR and SAPPHIC and just…how can that go wrong???
I bought both TEETH IN THE MIST and THE WEDDING DATE in July, so I want to make sure I read them before too many months pass by. I loved Dawn Kurtagich’s first book, THE DEAD HOUSE and keep meaning to read more by her, so I’m hoping TEETH IN THE MIST lives up to my expectations. I’ve been really enjoying romance this year, so I’m hoping THE WEDDING DATE fills that interest for me as well.
- House of Salt and Sorrows | Erin A. Craig – This book appears to be part of a genre I have dubbed Ocean Gothic, and is a Twelve Dancing Princesses retelling set in a mysterious manor by the sea. I’ve been excited for this one for a while so I hope it lives up to my expectations.
- As Many Nows as I Can Get | Shana Youngdahl – This one sounds like a typical contemporary YA romance in the vein of John Green, who is overrated, but for some reason I get good vibes from this book so I’m definitely going to read it.
- Sea Witch Rising | Sarah Henning – AKA THE SEQUEL TO THE BEST BOOK, SEA WITCH!!!!! I’m so psyched for this one and was so sad there were no ARCs but I will just buy it like a normal person because I have to have it on my shelves next to my mini SEA WITCH collection. If you haven’t read SEA WITCH yet, do yourself a favor and GO DO IT!!
- A Dress for the Wicked | Autumn Krause – I vaguely remember this one also being comped to Project Runway, so obviously I have to read it because I will read literally all the Project Runway comps.