The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news about the past week, reading recaps, hauls, and more.
- I had my first big incident at my new job 🙁 and I’m so sad because it was going so well and not stressful. Okay, the rest of the week was relatively fine and normal, but I was hoping I wouldn’t have to deal with anything major within my first few weeks. Nothing super terrible ended up happening fortunately, but the police had to be called because the patron causing the incident refused to leave, but they never even showed up. I was glad the girl left eventually because I was afraid she was going to hit our security officer.
- I had my first evaluation. And I did really well! Every category was rated from 1-4 and I got only 3s and 4s! I was super nervous because my mental health was horrible and effected my work in previous jobs, but that was not the case this time and it was nice to see my hard work acknowledged in a tangible way.
last week on the blog
- thoughts i had while reading the raven boys
- 2019 goals progress
- www wednesday
- it’s in the stars: full moon in aquarius
next week on the blog
*subject to change
- if we were having tea
- honestly I have no other post ideas at the moment
This week I read DOWN AMONG THE STICKS AND BONES, book two of the Wayward Children series by Seanan McGuire. I loved the first book in the series, which I was inspired to finally read when I saw a review of DATSAB and decided I had to read it. DATSAB definitely did not disappoint: it was creepy, dark, whimsical, and even GAY. It followed my two favorite side characters from the first book, and I just loved it. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series!!
I’m finally doing it: I’m reading the much-hyped book beloved by the book community, THE SEVEN HUSBANDS OF EVELYN HUGO by Taylor Jenkins Reid, aka author of my newest all-time favorite book, DAISY JONES AND THE SIX. I’m so excited for this book because I need another book to crush my soul like DAISY did, but also, what if it’s somehow not as good? Then I will be crushed in the worst way. So we will see how this one goes.
- When We Were Magic – Sarah Gailey
- Harley in the Sky – Akemi Dawn Bowman
- The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls – Anissa Gray
- Song for a Whale – Lynne Kelly