New month, new goals, new me, NEW BOOKS!! (the last one is the most important). Here are some of the books coming out in October that I’m excited for:
- The Last True Poets of the Sea | Julia Drake – I wanted to read this book because it’s about surviving trauma and finding lost shipwrecks but upon rereading the synopsis and Goodreadsing it, I discovered IT IS QUEER!!! Which means I’m going to love it, right?? BRING ME THE GAY SHIPWRECKS.
- Now Entering Addamsville | Francesca Zappia – This one is about an MC who is wrongly accused of murder and hunts fire demons and was comped to Stranger Things, so what’s not to love? I really liked Zappia’s last book, so hopefully this one will live up to it.
- Crier’s War | Nina Varela – The amount of hype this one is getting is making me so happy?? Because it’s GAY AF and spec fic and enemies to lovers. I started reading this one and the writing is really good but I’m not sure if I’m clicking with it, but I do think I’m going to try to finish it because I just need to love this book.
- NINTH HOUSE OMGODS | LEIGH BARDUGO QUEEN – Okay obviously I’m excited about this book. I’m also embarrassed that it’s taken me so long to read my eARC of it even though it’s by far my most anticipated book for the rest of the year.
- The Library of Lost Things | Laura Taylor Namey – TLOLT is about a bookish girl dealing with her mother’s hoarding illness. For some weird reason I’ve been in the mood for soul-crushing, dark contemporaries again so GIVE ME THIS ONE NOW, PLEASE.
- The Grace Year | Kim Liggett – OH MY GOD I NEED TO READ THIS!! I just reread the synopsis for this and OMG why wasn’t I more excited??? It’s about a Handmaid’s Tale-esque world where girls are sent away at 16 to basically battle it out in the woods and return home “purified” and not dangerous. But also men are hunting them? This sounds so dark and I’m really in the mood for it.
- Into the Crooked Place | Alexandra Christo – I’m a little nervous about this because books about thieves and heists don’t really appeal to me but also I LOVED her last book, TO KILL A KINGDOM, so I NEED to read this one one regardless of what it’s about.
- The Beautiful | Renee Ahdieh – New Orleans, 1800s, vampires. Need I say more? I haven’t read any of her other books, but I’m definitely planning to make this one my first.
- Full Disclosure | Camryn Garrett – This debut is about a girl who is HIV positive who tries to start over with a new school and new guy, but someone knows about her HIV status and tries to blackmail her.
- Gravemaidens | Kelly Coon – This is the first in a new fantasy duology about a girl who tries to become the palace healer for her country’s ruler when he falls ill and demands three girls to serve him in the afterlife–including her sister.
- All the Things We Do in the Dark | Saundra Mitchell – I don’t really understand what this book is actually about but it looks creepy and is queer so ONTO THE TBR IT GOES.
Are any of these books on your TBR list? Which one should I read first?