The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news about the past week, reading recaps, hauls, and more.
- I decided I want to change my name and pronouns. I’ve been thinking about changing my name to Mel in my real life for a while now because it feels more me and is gender neutral, but also somewhat based on my given name because it’s part of my middle name. I have gradually started asking people to call me Mel, but honestly, when people do it it still feels super weird, though not as weird as people calling me my given name. A lot of it is that I feel really bad about asking people to make such a big change just for me, but I really need to get over that feeling because I think I’ll feel more comfortable and like myself better in the long run if I start presenting how I want to present.
- Lots of depression and gender dysphoria. It has not been a fun week for me emotionally. I keep cycling in and out of depression and sometimes it just hits me and it’s a struggle to keep going. This week that was paired with feeling a lot of dysphoria about my body. Being gender fluid really sucks sometimes.
- I invented my own coping skill! One positive from the week was that I discovered a coping skill that really works for me. I’ve been feeling extra anxious lately, so in my journal in the mornings I’ll make a list of everything I’m anxious about and then make a second column where I write whether it’s worth it to be anxious over or not, then write a shorter list of only the things it’s worth it to be anxious about. This really helps me realize that even though I might be feeling lots of anxiety, not all of it is actually worth worrying about and I shouldn’t devote my time to worrying about things that aren’t worth being anxious about or that I can’t control.
last week on the blog
next week on the blog
- things i want to do
- my favorite witchy posts
- the artist’s way week 2 update
- house of salt and sorrows tarot reading
I FINALLY finished GIRLS WITH RAZOR HEARTS. This book, y’all. If you haven’t read GIRLS WITH SHARP STICKS, please and thank you GET THEE TO A BOOKSTORE OR LIBRARY ASAPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! This book is a fucking battle cry against everything that’s going on in American society right now and even though it almost made me cry a few times I am so here for that and so wish I’d had it when I was an angry teen discovering feminism and that I could fight back. Please expect me to post about this series for forever, especially when this book comes out in March 2020.
What am I reading right now? I don’t even know. I was reading THE LAST TRUE POETS OF THE SEA and liking it a lot, but for some reason my motivation to finish it is kind of waning? I don’t know why. I really want to love it and was loving it, but all of a sudden I don’t want to read it anymore?? idk.