It’s October, aka the official start of Spooky Season (though tbh it’s always spooky season for me because I’m a witch) so I thought it would be appropriate to share some of my favorite witchy posts that I’ve written since starting Cotton Candy Book Witch.
So, without further ado, here are my favorite on-brand posts:
- Why Merricat Blackwood is a Witch – I LOVED Shirley Jackson’s novel WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE when I read it last year, and saw so much evidence that Merricat, the MC, was a witch that I of course had to write a post about it. This post has been getting a weird amount of views lately which makes me very happy because it was one of the first witchy posts I wrote and one of my favorites to write.
- Book Recs for a Sea Witch – This is a more recent posts that talks about why you might be a sea witch and book recs for witches with an ocean-ly calling. The list features one of my favorite books from last year, TO KILL A KINGDOM, which y’all need to read.
- The Raven Boys Tarot Reading – This reading was one of my favorites to do, and I asked my cards if Barrington Whelk would find Glendower, and it showed the Page of Cups card, which is literally Blue’s card in the book.
- How to Be a Literary Witch – I loved writing this post because obviously I am a literary witch right?? Actually I’m kind of an eclectic witch, but anyway. This is one of my most popular posts of all time and I’m not mad at it.
- It’s in the Stars: Mercury in Retrograde – This was my first post for my feature It’s In the Stars, my book recs based on astrology posts. This one was fun because I got to write about a lot of books I loved, including THE RIGHT SWIPE <3 <3 <3
- Etymology: Magic – I wish this post got a little more love because I would’ve liked to make this a series. I find etymology (the study of the origin of words) really interesting and wanted to do magic/witchcraft themed words.