Since I started bullet journaling in 2016-ish, I have been very interested in making goals every new year. I spend a lot of time in December thinking about my goals for the next year, and plotting them and planning my goals pages in my journal, and then…I accomplish none of the goals. With that in mind, I wanted to do a recap of my 2019 goals and see how many I did not do (lol).
- Be more positive/practice gratitude. !! I didn’t do this for most of the year because I was EXTREMELY depressed, but I’ve been doing it a lot lately, and I’m going to count this one as done.
- Find a hobby. X! I don’t know if I did this? I guess journaling more could count even though I already did it before this year??
- Find a job that makes me happy. X! I ended up transferring to a new branch of my library system where I worked this year and working in the children’s department. Depression really made it a struggle to like anything, but things have been a lot better lately so I’m hoping I’ll be happier at the job now.
- Work out 4x per week. XX lolol depression kills another goal yet again.
- Eliminate caffeine. XX I think I did this for approximately 4 weeks of the whole year, so no.
- Get more alone time. X! I didn’t do this for most of the year but then I took leave from work for almost a month so I did get more alone time. I still don’t really actively try to separate myself from my boyfriend, but I’ve realized sometimes I like us just sitting together in a room even if we’re not talking. I don’t always like going to a different room entirely because it makes me feel isolated and trapped.
- Make my apartment feel more like home. XX I did not do this. Having lots of annoying neighbors and two exploding ceiling disasters really did not help me like the apartment more. I’m still really struggling with this, which is unfortunate because I’m going to be here for at least another whole year.
- Reach 500 followers. !! I did this!!
- Also stop worrying as much about follower counts. !! I didn’t worry as much or feel as pressured to get followers, so that’s something.
- Improve my post formatting. !! I have found styles of posts that work for me, and I’ve realized I don’t have to format my posts like everyone else. I am fine with the way I format my posts now.
- Work on images for posts. XX lolololol did NOT do this. All my featured posts are from Unsplash.