Hello, friends! It is a new year with lots of shiny new books coming out, and as you may remember from one of my recent goals posts, one of my goals for the blog is to try out doing week-long features to gush about new releases I’m excited for. I’m embarking on that goal today by announcing that this week, all my posts will be about Phil Stamper’s wonderful debut, THE GRAVITY OF US, to be released on February 4, 2020.
I have been waiting to gush about this book for the past six months because I read it right after I got it at Book Expo last year, and OMG, y’all, I can’t believe it’s finally time to tell you what a great book THE GRAVITY OF US is.
First, let me tell you all a little bit about it:
- It’s queer–so count it towards your HERE & QUEERATHON 2020 goals!!
- It’s about Cal, an amateur journalist with a HUGE social media following who tells stories that matter through his videos
- He’s super excited for the summer and his internship with BuzzFeed until his parents announce they’re moving to Texas to a NASA base because his dad landed a job as a potential pilot for an upcoming mission to space
- When he gets there, he’s banned from using social media by STARWATCH–a reality television show that spins stories about the lives of the astronauts for the public
- He also meets Leon: fellow “astrokid,” future Olympian, and total dreamboat
I am just so here for this book and can’t wait to gush about it in my posts this week. Here is the content I’m planning on sharing for this book:
- what i loved about THE GRAVITY OF US
- tarot love spread for Cal & Leon
This is the first time I’m doing a week-long feature for a single book, so I really hope you’ll join me on and enjoy this little experiment. I’m really looking forward to creating content for this story, and I hope you all like reading it!