I actually wrote this post super early (read: a little over a week ago) because I just really want January to be over. As you will have read in my wrap up post, it was a bit of a rough ride at the end due to another apartment disaster. So I wrote this post early in the hopes that it would make the last week of January go by fast.
- Read 5 children’s books. !! Oh man, did I KILL this goal. I read almost three times as many children’s books as planned, including a million picture books, one easy reader, and a middle grade book.
- Read 3/5 of my BOTM books. !! I’m counting this as done even though I ended up DNFing two out of the four I tried to read. I ended up finishing SONG OF THE CRIMSON FLOWER before the new year started, but I’m still counting that as part of this month’s goal. I also read RED, WHITE, AND ROYAL BLUE which I ended up loving. I DNFed THE FAMILY UPSTAIRS because it was very upsetting, and ended up not being interested in GET A LIFE, CHLOE BROWN. But now there’s only one Book of the Month book I’ve gotten that I haven’t read or tried to read (LITTLE WOMEN), so I can now safely get books from BOTM in February.
- Work up to getting 8,000 steps a day. !! I did this! Yay!
- Add one new item to my grocery list every week. !! I did this!
- Read more than 3 books. For some reason, my reading always PLUMMETS in February pretty much every year. I think last year I only read 3 books, and the year before I know I only read 2. So, this year I want to beat the February slump, which I’m hopeful I can do because I’m participating in Swiftathon until February 13.
- Read 2 books for Here & Queerathon. I know it’s only been a month, but I already feel like I’m kinda slacking on my own readathon, which you can sign up for here. I feel like I should be rolling in queer books and I’ve read one and pretty much a half (I wasn’t sure if VERY NICE really counted because the lesbian character did have her own chapters but was def a side character). So I feel like I need to STEP IT UP.
- Experiment with/learn more about booktube and bookstagram. In my blogging section of my wrap up, I wrote about feeling a little lost and unsure of my place in bookish influencing. I have been interested in experimenting with booktube and bookstagram, but don’t know much about doing either at this point. So I want to see if either of those might be something I’m interested in doing.