I am pleased to announce I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Elara, whose blog is total witch/book crossover goals. Thank you for the nomination!
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination.
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer.
11 random facts about me
- I’m partially deaf in one ear and wear a hearing aid
- I’ve been an aspiring author for a long time but can never get myself to write
- One of my cats likes to climb my shoulders every. Single. Morning.
- I’m a Virgo but don’t relate to any of the traits, probably because I was literally ONE DAY away from being a Leo.
- I really like frozen peas.
- I am a sushi addict.
- I love America’s Next Top Model and have no shame.
- The fictional character I relate to most is Twilight Sparkle.
- I’m a librarian but still fantasize about working in publishing one day.
- My apartment is haunted.
- I used to have pink hair.
- Are you subscribed to any monthly book boxes, such as OwlCrate?
I used to subscribe to OwlCrate, but now mostly just look out for special editions of individual books that they do (why did I buy RUTHLESS GODS when I was meh about the ending of WICKED SAINTS?? I am weak.) I am currently subscribed to Book of the Month because I want to try out more adult books.
2. What book would you love to see turned into a movie/TV show?
I don’t really want any of my favorite books to be turned into a movie. Although I would watch a show of the House of Night series.
3. What tropes can’t you get enough of?
Fake dating and enemies to lovers
4. What tropes are you sick of?
Purple eyes. Let us retire this trope forever.
5. Is there a book that you weren’t sure you’d like, but ended up liking?
I wasn’t sure if I’d like P. S. I STILL LOVE YOU because the first time I read TATBILB I wasn’t a huge fan of it, but I actually LOVED the second book and ended up loving the rest of the series. Then I reread the whole three books last year and loved all but book 2. Lol.
6. What book character do you relate to most?
Etta from NOT OTHERWISE SPECIFIED.
7. How would you feel if you had to trade places with the protagonist of the last book you read?
Oh, that would actually be fun. The last book I read as of the writing of this post was THIS WAS OUR PACT and it was very magical and there was a bear side character and I would like to be friends with the bear.
8. If you had to choose, what book villain would you be?
…I’m just really into the Darkling…
9. What’s your favorite magic system?
I don’t know why it took me so long to think of this, but the answer is obviously INKHEART!! The MC’s father can literally read characters to life out of books, but when something or someone is read out of a story, someone or something else has to go back into that same story.
10. Is there a special bookshop or library in the world that you’d love to visit?
I would love to go back to Waterstones in London. There’s also a library just for children somewhere near me I think? And that would be super interesting to go to as a children’s librarian.
11. What advice would you give to new book bloggers?
Don’t worry about having a niche right away. I think that’s something that can be developed over time and it’s okay if when you start, you just want to talk about books in general.
honestly I’m really shy about nominating people for things and also don’t feel like coming up with 11 more questions, so this is what you get, lol. Sorry for underachieving.