Lol. Lololol. I feel like I totally failed at my February goals so this is going to be a…fun post. February became weirdly busy after the 18 years that was January and everything is kind of a blur, to be honest.
However, let us recap what my February goals were and see how terribly I probably did.
- Read more than 3 books. XX um. This did not occur. Nope.
- Read 2 books for Here & Queerathon. !! Oh hey, I actually did this so maybe I didn’t do as terribly on my goals as I thought? 2/3 books I read in February were queer (WE SET THE DARK ON FIRE and THE DEVOURING GRAY aka devouring bis).
- Experiment with/learn more about booktube and bookstagram. !! omfg, I did this too. I started a new bookstagram under a different username. I also did try to make a couple of videos but hate how my mouth looks and don’t have cute backgrounds to film in front of so they will never see the light of day.
- Stick to a budget. One of my goals for the year is to improve my financial well-being and find a budgeting method (and budget in general) that works for me. This month I’ll finish paying off my car insurance payment, which was my biggest worry for the past couple of months, so I feel like now is a good time to actually choose and stick to a budget. Plus, our rent is going up (*saddest sad face*) so I need to be more careful about spending.
- Read at least 1 of my Book of the Month books. I am once again behind with Book of the Month. I have two books I need to read and don’t want to get too behind when the March box comes. I’m also debating trying the YA BOTM box at some point because it seems like they often pick books that aren’t on my TBR list that end up sounding good. But I am poor.
- Do at least one fun thing every weekend. In the interest of getting a life outside of work, I want to push myself to either go out and do something or just do something fun at home that enriches and makes my life happier. I have been super bad about doing things outside of work and spend most of my time outside of work stressing about work, and I would like to lessen that practice.
- Walk for 20 minutes/day at least 4x/week. I really want to get back in the practice of getting 8,000+ steps consistently and moving more in general so I want to be more consistent about reaching this goal every week.
- Read at least 15 minutes/day at least 5x/week. I really want to get into the habit of reading more regularly and not in occasional bursts. I know 15 minutes is a low goal and honestly I probably read more than that when I do read, but I don’t read as frequently during the week as I want to.
- Clean/organize for at least 5 minutes 4x/week. One of my goals for the year is to become more organized and neat, but I haven’t taken any steps so far to achieve that goal. I think doing a little bit of cleaning/organizing a few times a week will help me do this and not feel overwhelmed by the amount of stuff everywhere.