Okay, here we go *takes deep breath* I am going to actually post goals for August. Goals posts are usually some of my favorite posts to write and read, but the pandemic has left me feeling like setting goals and trying to stick to my usual level of motivation about things is pointless. However, I have come to the conclusion that we are probably going to be dealing with this for a long time, so I can’t be despondent forever, and having goals really helps me focus my mind and makes me feel good when I achieve them or even just work toward them.
So, this month, we are back to doing a monthly goals post.
- Read 5 novels. I was really proud of myself for reading 9 books in July, and in August I want to devote the energy I gave the graphic novels that helped me achieve that number to written novels I need to read.
- Read 2 Book of the Month books. I have been enjoying my subscription to BOTM, but I definitely have not read all the books I’ve gotten from it. I also got my mom a gift subscription so we can read the same book and discuss, so for this month I hope to read one of my previous BOTM books and whichever book I pick for August.
- Participate in ARC August. I used to love participating in Read. Sleep. Repeat’s ARC August & ARC April and always knocked a lot of ARCs off my TBR. I was thrilled to see they’re still doing ARC August, so I will for sure be participating.
- Don’t spend money on anything non-essential. I have a few big expenses coming up and want to do better at saving money, too, and I know I need to cut down on non-essential spending. This means: no hair dye, no makeup, no planner stuff, no books.
- Eat out less. Most of my money in July went to non-essential spending and eating out, so I also want to reduce the number of times per week I order in from restaurants.
- Drink more water. I used to be really good about staying hydrated during the day but since the pandemic hit that has also fallen to the wayside and I mostly drink non hydrating things.
- Stay up past 10 at least one night. Okay, I know I sound old with this goal, but I have a weird anxiety thing about staying up past a certain time. Once my brain decides it’s time to go to bed, I start feeling INCREDIBLY anxious if I try to stay up. So I basically want to prove to my brain that the world will not end if I stay up past a certain hour.