August felt like it went by in a flash, which is probably the only time a month has felt like that in all of 2020 so far. Hopefully that means things are picking up and feeling normal-ish and not as scary. Maybe.
This month went really fast for some reason and I can’t figure out why, though I guess maybe it was a bit busier than normal. I was also eagerly anticipating my trip home for my birthday, which I celebrated last week. I spent a long trip with my parents, which was nice and relaxing and a good change of pace from being stuck at home half the time.
I also feel like I’ve gotten used to sidewalk service at the library, and even though things are slow, I actually kind of like doing phone service because I feel a lot more confident about it now. I also finally got approval to change my name on my email and have it announced to people at work so I don’t keep getting deadnamed in emails, so that’s good. I also was invited to work on a project creating a training on how to be more LGBT friendly toward coworkers and customers that I am both excited and nervous for.
what i read
- kingdom of the wicked – kerri maniscalco
- two dark reigns – kendare blake
- now that i’ve found you – kristina forest
- grown – tiffany jackson
I did not read much this month even though my goal was reading 5 novels. My favorite book was definitely GROWN, even though pretty much everything I read this month was really good. NOW THAT I’VE FOUND YOU was my most disappointing read because the romance really fell flat for me and there wasn’t enough of a character arc, but it was still a 3 star read for me.
On this blog:
- a list of book blogs compiled for your reading pleasure
- posts to read to get to know me
- lucky number 7 book tag
- now that i’ve found you review
- bookish news is good news
Around the blogosphere:
- Tessi wrote about book piracy, price, and privilege
- Arin introduced a new event, Sapphic Saturdays, that I am very pumped for
- Mieke ranted and wrote an extremely awesome and detailed review of MIDNIGHT SUN
- Marta announced her booktube channel!
- Meg discussed adults reviewing YA
- Clo celebrated her blogoversary
- Emme took a week away from social media and talked about the results
- Sofia announced Latinx Book Bingo
- Kay wrote about reviewing #ownvoices books from a biracial perspective
- Tracy recommended books based on book twitter drama
- Cielo announced the Diverse Clan, an exciting new initiative