Another month, another goals post. Let’s start by recapping my August goals:
- Read 5 novels. XX I read 4 books, but I liked them all so I count this as a win.
- Read 2 Book of the Month books. XX I think I’m actually kind of falling out of love with BOTM. I’ve only read a couple of the books I’ve bought from it, and am in the middle of 3 others I’m debating DNFing because they’re just not for me.
- Participate in ARC August. X! I read ARCs, but completely forgot about participating in ARC August.
- Don’t spend money on anything non-essential. X! This was another month where I overspent but can’t remember what I spent money on so did not do.
- Eat out less. XX lolololol let’s not even talk about this
- Drink more water. XX ….or this…
- Stay up past 10 at least one night. !!!! YAY! This one I did do, and honestly, it really improved my overall mood and schedule. Will definitely do again.
- Read 4-5 September releases. Looking at my Goodreads TBR list was a BAD idea because I am so behind on eARCs, as per usual, but this year seems extra bad. I haven’t been reading as much because of pandemic feelings, but I am v ashamed of myself. However, I hope to get back on track by making a TBR, putting it in my planner, and sticking with it.
- Drink less Diet Coke. I have made this goal so many times and not succeeded, so we will see how this goes.
- Try to reconnect with witchcraft. I have felt very disconnected from witchcraft since the pandemic started and haven’t really been practicing or researching at all.
- Celebrate Mabon. Mabon is an autumnal celebration in mid-September for witches and pagans, and since I actually have it off, I want to use the day to work on my grimoire for once, watch witchy shows and movies, and generally reconnect with my practice.