One of my reading goals for 2019 is to branch out of my typical genres and read more things out of my comfort zone. One of the ways I plan to do this is to try out more adult books, and I’ve been curious about getting into adult romances since working as an editorial intern with Entangled, where I had to read that genre sometimes. So far I’ve only read one adult romance, THE KISS QUOTIENT, which I absolutely LOVED, so I am very excited to read more from this genre. Today, I’m going to share some of the adult romance reads on my TBR list 🙂
- The Proposal | Jasmine Guillory – I’ve been curious about Jasmine Guillory because I saw a few YA people talking up THE WEDDING DATE, but decided to give this one a try because it sounded super cute. It’s about Nik, a woman who gets a surprise and very public marriage proposal, but turns it down, and her romance with the guy who saves her. I was talking with one of my coworkers about it and she said it’s super fluffy and VERY slow burn and I am so ready for that.
- 99 Percent Mine | Sally Thorne – This is the first Sally Thorne on the list and the first book of hers that I bought (they didn’t have THE HATING GAME at Books a Million when I went a couple weeks ago). 99 PERCENT MINE is about a woman who’s been in love with her brother’s best friend since they were kids, so talk about holy cute trope town!
- The Hating Game | Sally Thorne – The hating game is a workplace hate to love romance, and I ADORE the hate to love trope and will read almost any book that uses it. This book also got a lot of hype so hopefully it lives up to it when I finally read it.
- The Bride Test | Helen Hoang | May 7, 2019 – I need this book so badly after THE KISS QUOTIENT, which has my new favorite OTP. THE BRIDE TEST also features an autistic character, this time a Vietnamese man whose mother sends him to Vietnam to find the perfect bride. Would absolutely die for an ARC of this.
- The Marriage Clock | Zara Raheem | June 23, 2019 – In THE MARRIAGE CLOCK, Leila’s conservative Muslim parents tell her that if she doesn’t find a husband in three months, they’ll arrange a marriage for her. This book sounds really cute and interesting and I am very much looking forward to it.
- The Right Swipe | Alisha Rai | July 22, 2019 – THE RIGHT SWIPE is about two rival dating app creators who fall in love, so I am prepping myself for the most romance I have ever romanced. I am so excited because I just got approved for this on Edelweiss even though my profile says I’m a YA librarian, so woohoo!
- Star-Crossed | Minnie Darke | May 21, 2019 – This is a book after my little witchy heart. STAR-CROSSED is about childhood sweethearts who meet again as adults. Nick believes in astrology and horoscopes and while Justine does not, she writes for a magazine that publishes a horoscope he reads and decides to take fate into her own hands.
- Meet Cute | Helena Hunting | April 9, 2019 – After a meet cute followed by friendship followed by betrayal, Kailyn meets up with former crush and celebrity Daxton Hughes when he comes to her law firm for legal help. I’m just so enamored with this cover and title that I had to add this book to my TBR list.
- The Matchmaker’s List | Sonya Lalli | February 5, 2019 – OMG I didn’t realize this one was out already!!! YAY! This book is about a girl from an immigrant Indian family whose grandmother plays matchmaker for her. It sounds utterly charming and I NEED IT!!!
- Natalie Tan’s Book of Luck & Fortune | Roselle Lim | June 11, 2019 – I want this book and the adorable dumplings that the author sews and posts on the social medias. In this book, Natalie Tan returns to San Francisco’s Chinatown after her estranged mother dies, and discovers she’s inherited her grandmother’s restaurant. This book has cooking and romance, aka two of the best things, so I MUST have this book!!
Are any of these on your TBR list? What adult romances would you recommend?