This week was honestly an emotional rollercoaster. I had something SUPER GOOD happen that I don’t know if I’m allowed to talk about, but it is publishing career related and I have never felt more validated in my pursuit of a career in that industry.
However, I was also really stressed for most of the week and have been feeling that way since the library where I work announced we’re considering reopening again. I did manage to get more information about what our procedures will be, which made me feel somewhat better.
on the blog
what i’ve read & currently reading
This week I mostly read picture books. I’m also still in the middle of ONE TO WATCH, but I’m not going to share thoughts just yet because I’m a little over halfway through and EVERY TIME I say I’m enjoying a book in a post I then immediately stop liking it so we are beating that trend.
A few weeks ago, I included a past post discussing things I want to do in the future in a list of posts to read to get to know me. I wrote this post when I was in a very dark emotional place, and since I’ve improved in my mental health so drastically over the past few months, I was really interested to read it and see which things I’ve done or have taken steps to do. So today, I am going to revisit that post and check on my progress and take stock of what I’m doing to reach those goals:
- Get a job I’m passionate about. I am definitely working toward this. Things at the library have been a lot better for me lately, and I think they will continue to improve with my confidence. I’m also taking steps to get more publishing experience so hopefully someday I can get a part time or remote job in the publishing industry.
- Marry my bae. Not yet, but eventually.
- Move to a bigger place. We are in the last year of living at our current place and have started looking at two bedroom places, which will be much easier to afford now that I’m making slightly more and my partner is going to have a full time job soon.
- Work on my grimoire more. I have not done this and I don’t know why?
- Get a new car. I did this! I got a new car in December and I love it!
- Learn ukulele. I have not done this, despite my mother kindly gifting me a ukulele.
- Write a book. Lol. I have definitely not done this nor taken any steps to do so.
- Write poetry. Lol. See above.
- Rescue all the cats. Can’t really do this until I have a big house to store all the kitties.
- Reach 1,000 blog followers. I am definitely getting there! I’m now at over 650 followers, which is the most I’ve ever had on a book blog, and I’m really proud of myself and grateful for the friendships I’ve made!
- Change my name and pronouns. I DID THIS. I am now out at work and am looking into changing my name legally.
- Experiment with YouTube. I have done this a bit. It hasn’t gone anywhere so far, but who knows.
- Feel more okay than not. VERY happy to report I have done this! I feel so much better than when I first drafted this post, and have made progress in leaps and bounds. I am really thankful that I have such good health insurance and work with professionals who were able to get me the help I needed. This was my ultimate goal, and I am so happy that I feel so much better.
Hello, friends! Since I have been getting to know a lot of new bloggers and people in the book community lately, I wanted to compile a list of posts you can read if you want to get to know me better. I feel that the posts I’ve chosen accurately capture what this blog is about and also gives you an insight to me as a person.
- how to be a literary witch – This was one of my earliest witchy posts and one of my favorites still. I feel like I do a lot of these things on this blog, and have really taken the “literary witch” moniker to heart in my own journey with witchcraft.
- things that happened and what i read during quarantine – I really enjoyed writing this update post about quarantine happenings, and I feel like it gives you a really good picture of the types of books I like to read and a look into some of my hobbies and some stuff about my personal life.
- reevaluating my 2020 goals – This post clearly shows you what’s important to me, as it is a reevaluation of the goals I set for myself at the beginning of 2020. I’m also including it because goals posts are some of my favorites to write.
- why merricat blackwood is a witch – WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE is one of my favorite books, so it only makes sense to include this analysis of why Merricat, the MC, is a witch. In the book, I feel like her witchcraft was a lot more subtle than the way they portrayed it in the movie, as a small note.
- things i want to do – this is another personal post that I wrote while I was struggling with mental health issues. I’m happy to report I’ve done a lot of these things, and am in a much better place now. I’d actually kind of like to do a recap of this post to see how many things on it I’ve ended up getting to do.
- swiftathon: how i did – I’m using my Swiftathon wrap up from their Lover-related readathon because if you follow me you’re going to find out ASAP that I am a MAJOR Swiftie.
I feel like these posts are a pretty good summary of me, my interests, and what you’ll find on this blog. I’m so excited to get to know my recent followers more, and I hope my blog can bring you some sunshine, joy, and good book recommendations!